Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Tue May 14, 2024 6:43 pm

castlevania: chorus of mysteries

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawnphase

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:56 am    Post subject: castlevania: chorus of mysteries Reply with quote

so, a friend of mine did the soundtrack for this. its a patched rom of cv1 with different music, all of it looks fairly different as well.

STORY

1476, Romania. A terrifying castle rises up from the mist. Along with the castle rose a dark powerful being named Count Dracula Vlad Tepes. A man named Trevor Belmont was fated to defeat the powerful vampire, aided by a witch named Sypha, Dracula's own son Alucard, and a pirate named Grant DeNasty. Together the team traversed the dark halls of Castlevania, defeating the count and his countless minions.

In 1777 a young child was born, and abandoned on a merchant ship with nothing but a headband with a mysterious crest, and the name Armund. The sailors raised the child on the high seas, and taught him the ways of being a sailor. Armund grew to be one of the greatest men that the merchant ship ever saw.

Late 1797, word started to spread of the legends of Count Dracula, and his tyranny in the land of Romania. It was about that time, that Armund ran into an old Romanian man in Serbia. The old man knew a lot about the history of Count Dracula, and his reign of terror in Romania. The old man recognized the crest on Armund's bandanna, and told him that it belonged to the DeNasty clan, and that his ancestor helped defeat Dracula. Armund decided to leave his life on the high seas to seek out more answers about his ancestry.

Romania, 1800. It's been 3 years since Alucard defeated his father in battle and has gone into eternal slumber. Armund's search has taken him to the mountains of Romania, not far from the town of Jova. A mysterious letter hinted that he might be able to find answers in the castle of Count Olrox, a servant of Count Dracula's. Armund set out of Olrox's castle, armed only with an enchanted barbed rope from Serbia. This will truly be the greatest and most arduous adventure of Armund DeNasty's life.

http://chorusofmysteries.googlepages.com/home

The rom patch and nsf are available from the downloads section, but here's an already patched rom-

http://download.yousendit.com/06D5485A55DB1F8F

handofg0d

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played up to stage 4 (chess level, just after the first boss) and then the difficulty really ramped up and I didn't feel like putting effort in. Nice hack and great music though.
rahga

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pirate never existed, as far as I care.

I've pretty much decided I'm done with Castlevania since the DS versions. After beating Death to... uhm... death with a Terror Bear (n. An insidious stuffed toy filled with iron sand), you can't really top that, can you?
kap
Minister of Paranoia
Minister of Paranoia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warren Ellis forever.
shawnphase

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, the difficulty of this hack makes it basically unplayable. the music could stand some percussion, and its buggy as hell. if they were going to go with this story they should have used cv3, for sure. this hack gets a big fat fuckin thumbs down from me for everything but the music and the laurel as a subitem, heh.
iamstillhiro1112

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't listen hard to the soundtrack, but it was refreshing to see a CV hack that didn't reuse the original games music. For me, I thought the hack was epic.
shawnphase

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theres definately something epic about it. it's like the air mario of cv hacks. it seems like if you were able to get the laurel and hold onto it, it'd be a lot easier. havent played it enough but im gonna try tonight.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: