Lost Levels Forums

The time now is Wed May 29, 2024 1:58 am

Now you're playing with POWER!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The_Other_One

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:30 am    Post subject: Now you're playing with POWER! Reply with quote

Haha, ok, forgive my noob-ness, I don't know how things work here, but I wanted a little bit of an introduction as well as posting something you guys might appreciate.

I'm Skrybe's younger brother, previously a collector of unlicensed Nintendo products. I've since sold my collection and specialize in computer stuff, but my inner gamer is slowly coming back out. I doubt I'll be much of a regular here or a contributer, but you guys might see me around now and then...

Anyway, here's something for you guys. We have a few very old VHS tapes laying around. While recording some old shows to be preserved on DVD, I ran across this very old NES commercial. Is it the original?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IGQYbdC0_eM
Wonderbutt

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember this one, younger brother of Skrybe. Lo, it was shown during the NBA Finals, either the Lakers vs Celtics of 85 or the Celtics vs Rockets of 86, I cannot recall fully. It seems I remember the controllers shooting out of the wall. I also remember during commercial breaks I'd switch channels around to glimpse quick shots of Mets afternoon games in progress to see the score. So maybe it was not shown during the NBA Finals but during a channel flip.
NES never made an impression on me until Tecmo Bowl.
The_Other_One

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can just call me TOO Rolling Eyes

I don't know the history behind this commercial's original airing or anything, but this particular capture was from a Silverhawks episode. If I had to guess, I'd say from 1988, but it's probably older than that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Levels Forum Index -> Video Game General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: